Are you searching online for "iPad repair near me" in the United Kingdom? iTechnician has affordable and convenient iPad repair solutions through our network of hundreds of Apple device technician partners operating across the UK.
Our partner technicians (also known as iTechs), can help with everything from cracked iPad screens to charging issues common with many iPad models. No matter whether it's a trusty old iPad 3 or a brand new iPad (9th generation) or one of the many iPad Air, Mini, or Pro variants, our iTechs can help restore it to its full functionality.
Whether you use your tablet simply to watch Netflix or play games in the evening or you absolutely need your Apple device for professional work tasks, you'll find plenty of value when you choose iTechnician to find reputable iPad repair technicians near you.iPad 2 iPad 3 iPad 4 iPad 5 iPad 6 iPad 7 iPad 8 iPad 9 iPad Mini 1 iPad Mini 2 iPad Mini 3 iPad Mini 4 iPad Mini 5 iPad Pro 9.7" (1st Gen) iPad Mini 6 iPad Pro 10.5 iPad Pro 12.9 iPad Pro 12.9 iPad Pro 11" (3rd Gen) iPad Pro 12.9" (3rd Gen) iPad Air 1 iPad Air 2 iPad Air 3 iPad Air 4
Types of iPad repair services
Some of the most common types of iPad repair services our iTechs offer include:
- Cracked screen: just like with iPhones, one of the most common problems with all iPads is a cracked screen. Whether it's a small hairline crack or the entire screen is shattered, this can cause a nuisance or even a cutting hazard. Have your iPad screen repaired with the help of our iTechs.
- Water damage: while modern iPhones do boast IP ratings for water resistance, Apple does not advertise this for the iPad. If your iPad has suffered water damage, it may cease to function. In many cases, iTechs can bring your beloved iPad back to life.
- Not charging: is your iPad unable to charge properly, or at all? This common problem can be related to hardware (battery, USB-C charging port) or from the operating system itself. Let our iTechs have a look at it and have it repaired.
- iPad battery draining: many iPad owners may experience their iPad battery rapidly draining. As with charging problems, this could be due to a problem with the battery, the operating system, or with app usage. Our iTechs can help fix the problem.
- iPad won't turn on: is your iPad unable to turn on? If you've charged your iPad and it remains unresponsive, the problem could be related to the hardware or it may need to be rebooted. Leave the problem for our iTechs to solve.
- Frozen or unresponsive screen: is your iPad not responding to touch commands? If the screen is frozen or you've experienced the White Screen of Death, consider having the device looked after by one of our iTechs.
- iPad Wi-Fi not working: although not as critical as the above problems, a lack of Wi-Fi connectivity can severely limit what you use your iPad for. Sometimes the problem is simple to resolve on your own, other times you'll be glad to have an iTech sort it out for you.
These are just a few of the most common iPad problems and some examples of their causes. While some of these problems can be resolved with minimal effort, others require the expertise of a qualified technician near you that specialises in iPad repairs.
Do all iTechs provide the same services?
No, not every iTech listed on our platform provides exactly the same services, but most will be able to repair your iPad. Some of the most common problems (as listed above) can be resolved quickly and at affordable prices with the services of our iTechs, but please enquire with your preferred iTech and they'll be happy to assist.
Since our member partners are independent Apple device technicians, they all have their own operating hours and areas of expertise. To find out if an iTech covers your postcode and can provide iPad repairs, get in touch with them. Just click on "REPAIR MY DEVICE" above to get started. iTechnician is 100% free to use with no obligation to follow through.
Which iPads can our iTechs repair?
Since the release of the original iPad (1st generation) in 2010, the beloved tablet has seen tremendous success in the UK from having 9.5 million users in 2012 to over 18.1 million users in 2019. Naturally, the Apple iPad has gone through many iterations over the past decade, including Mini, Air, and Pro variants of its flagship Core iPad models.
iTechs listed right here on iTechnician offer varying levels of expertise and areas of specialisation, but generally, most of them will be able to perform repairs on all iPad models from the very first iPad (1st generation) to the iPad Pro (5th generation), iPad Air (5th generation), iPad (9th generation), and every model in between.
An important factor to consider is the availability of parts and components, such as batteries and replacement screens. If the iTech has parts in their inventory or on short order from trusted suppliers, your iPad can be repaired in as little as a day.
Is a broken iPad worth selling?
Depending on the condition of your iPad, it may simply be impossible to have it repaired. In these cases, your iTechnician can often have it disposed of in a safe and environmentally-friendly manner for you. If your iPad contains valuable parts and components that can be salvaged, you may even be offered payment for your old device.
This is a convenient solution, especially if you're unsure of whether or not your device is able to be repaired. Simply let one of our iTechs have a look at it and if they cannot repair it (or if the repairs will cost far more than initially quoted), you can have it disposed of for free or for a small profit. No need to pay to have it recycled or to take it to the nearest electronics recycling bin or facility.
iPad repair process simplifiedStep 1: find a reputable iTech near you
You're already here on iTechnician, so click on "REPAIR MY DEVICE" above to find affordable, high-quality iPad repairs near you in postcodes across the UK.Step 2: choose the right iTech for your needs
Read through the profiles of our approved iTech member partners in your postcode and reach out to whichever you prefer for a FREE, no-obligation quote for services.Step 3: meet the iTech in-store or have them come to you
Either drop off your iPad at their brick & mortar repair shop or arrange to have them perform mobile repairs at a location of your choosing.
Frequently asked questionsIs it worth fixing an iPad?
If your iPad covered with AppleCare+, the answer is a definite yes. If your device is not covered by AppleCare+ and is out of warranty, it depends. As a general rule of thumb, if repairs cost more than half the price of buying another model, it isn't worth having it repaired. If it costs less, it is usually worth it to have it repaired.How much does it cost to fix a dead iPad?
If your iPad is completely unresponsive, there are a number of possible problems and repairs that may or may not restore it to its full functionality. The most cost-effective solution is to hire a qualified Apple device technician using iTechnician. For problems related to the battery and power, iPad owners with AppleCare+ or warranty coverage are eligible for free repairs from Apple (or £99 iPad & £25 for Apple Pencil service out of warranty).How much does it cost to replace the screen on an iPad?
Apple iPad owners with cracked screens can either have their iPad screen repaired with AppleCare+ coverage and an excess fee of £39. Out-of-warranty service ranges from £292.44 to £636.44, depending on the iPad model and generation. For far more affordable, high-quality iPad cracked screen replacement, look no further than iTechnician.Why is my iPad screen black and won't turn on?
If your iPad screen is completely black and remains unresponsive to touch commands or the home button, the problem may be due to a dead battery, the device being powered off, or as a result of a software crash. If you've tried to reboot the device and the screen remains unresponsive, consider calling a qualified iTech near you through iTechnician.
How much does it cost to fix a broken iPad?
The cost of repairing an iPad in the UK depends on many variables:
- Complexity: simple problems often only require simple solutions, but more complex problems may require more labour and skilled expertise to resolve.
- Parts & labour: some software-related problems can be resolved without having to open the device or use any replacement parts or components. Others require third-party components and labour, which will affect the overall cost of repairs.
- Warranty: all new iPads sold in the UK are covered under consumer law for one full year from the date of purchase. Accidental damage or modifications to the device will void this warranty. Any out-of-warranty repairs will incur costs; devices under warranty are covered.
- AppleCare+: iPad owners that have opted for the AppleCare+ can have their iPads serviced with an excess fee of £39 for screen damage and other repairs. iPad owners without AppleCare+ can expect to pay a significant sum (up to £636.44) for any repairs by Apple. iTechs provide far more affordable solutions than Apple in this regard.
- Location: customers using iTechnician can bring their device into the iTech's store for service or request call-out services at home, work, or whilst at uni.
- Service availability: Emergency call-outs and off-hour services to remote locations will incur additional fees.
How to find cheap iPad repair services near you
Have your iPad repaired by trusty Apple device technicians near you, anywhere in the UK, by using iTechnician. Click on "REPAIR MY DEVICE" button above and our iTechs will be happy to assist you.